Looking for more data about Barhi dates, one of the famous Iran dates?
If you want to import Barhi date or are just one of its lovers, this article is your best guide!
“Which country has the best dates?” is a question we also will answer on this page.
What Is Barhi Date?
The Barhi date, also called Barhee, is a delicious, succulent, and luxurious date variety.
What is Barhi date in Arabic? It is called “Khalal” in the Arabic language.
People have cultivated this variety because of its sweet, juicy, and delicious taste. This date has become famous in many European, Asian, and Arabian countries.
What Is the Meaning of Barhi Date?
Barhi comes from the Arabic word “Barh,” which means “Hot Wind.”
This name was given because the Barhi date originated in a place where hot winds were common, and it’s believed that these winds played a role in ripening the fruits.
Where Do Barhi Dates Come From?
Barhi dates origin is Iraq. Experts believe that Barhi dates come initially from Iraq and have grown there for centuries.
However, Iran, as the neighboring country of Iraq, produces Barhi in large quantities for local and international markets.
Khuzestan Province in Iran produces most of the Iranian Barhi dates. Abadan City in this province is the central hub of Iranian Barhi dates.
The people of Khuzestan believe Barhi is the most delicious date in the world!
Barhi date is also cultivated in other parts of Iran, including Borazjan, Sumar, Bandar Lenge, Dehloran, and Qasr-e-Shirin.
Barhi Dates Ripeness Stages
Barhi date is one of the few date varieties that can be eaten at all three stages of ripeness.
Barhi dates are provided and sold in three ripeness stages, as mentioned below.
|Khalal or Khark
|Slightly dried and wrinkled
Barhi is one of the rare date varieties edible at the early stage of Khalal!
However, the fresher the Barhi date is, the more delicious it is! Yellow Barhi dates taste the best if eaten within 3-4 days of harvest.
Barhi Dates Information and Facts
Curved & blunt ends
Sometimes, it has a piece of the stem still attached
|Khalal: golden yellow
Tamar: light brown
Slightly wrinkled when they are fully ripe
Crunchy apple-like texture
Fully cling to the core (can be separated easily)
|Around 8 gr
|Small to medium
|Khark: first half of August
Fully ripe: late September
|4-5 days at room temperature
A few weeks in a cool, dry place like the refrigerator
Is Barhi Date Healthy?
Barhi dates benefits, and Barhi dates nutrition facts are extensive, encouraging date lovers and consumers to add Barhi to their daily meals.
What are Barhi dates good for?
- Providing essential nutrients like potassium & magnesium.
- Boosting energy due to their natural sugar content.
- Aiding digestion thanks to their high fiber content.
- Supporting heart health by reducing cholesterol levels.
- Regulating blood pressure due to their potassium content.
- Enhancing bone health with minerals like calcium & phosphorus.
- Promoting healthy skin, thanks to vitamins and antioxidants.
- Reducing the risk of chronic diseases due to their antioxidants.
- Supporting a healthy pregnancy with their folate content.
- Aiding weight management through their fiber content.
- Offering a natural alternative to processed sugars in recipes.
- Providing a quick and convenient snack option for boosting energy.
- Reducing the risk of constipation & promoting regular bowel movements.
- Supporting muscle function with their magnesium content.
- Serving as a tasty addition to various dishes, both sweet and savory.
Barhi Dates Calories
Barhi Dates Nutrition Facts per 15gr
Barhi Dates Price per Kg
Barhi dates price in India, Arabian countries, Europe, and other parts of the world varies based on the following factors.
- Quality: Higher-quality dates are often priced higher.
- Variety: Different varieties of Barhi dates may have varying prices.
- Location: The cost can vary by region or country of origin.
- Packaging: Fancy packaging or gift packaging may increase the price.
- Market Demand: High demand can lead to higher prices.
- Organic: Organic Barhi dates are usually priced higher.
- Local vs. Imported: Locally grown dates may be cheaper than imported.
- Supply Chain Costs: Distribution & transportation costs affect the price.
- Economic Factors: Currency exchange rates & inflation influence prices.
- Bulk vs. Small Quantities: Buying dates in bulk may offer cost savings.
Golden Barhi Dates for Sale at Amoot Company!
Where to buy Barhi dates in India, Arabic countries, Europe, and Canada?
Amoot Iranian Trading Company is a reliable and experienced Iran date supplier and exporter. Barhi date is one of the date varieties supplied by Amoot.
Our Barhi dates are selected from our large palm groves in southern parts of Iran. They are hand-picked, double-sorted, and stored in ref-warehouses.
Barhi dates are fresh and should be kept in very cold warehouses.
Amoot packages Barhi dates in various types of boxes and cartons at different weights (usually 1 to 10 kg) based on your need. Private packaging is available to print your company logo and brand on Barhi dates’ packages.
Amoot experts are ready to send the details to Barhi date and other Iran date buyers. Please send us a message!