Gypsum powder (calcium sulfate dihydrate) is a smooth white powder derived by heating gypsum stone, crushing and grounding into a powder. The obtained gypsum powder has numerous applications in construction, agriculture and food industries.
What made gypsum plaster a high consumed construction material globally?
- Quick Setting: Gypsum plaster sets fast, within 25~30 minutes. Therefore the painting process can be started when only 72 hours pasts from the use of gypsum plaster. It is important for gypsum plaster to be dried up completely before painting.
- Volume Increase: Gypsum plaster’s volume increases about 1% after it becomes dried up. So this expansion helps all the pores to become full.
- Fire Resistance: Gypsum plaster is highly resistant to fire, preparing a kind of insulation in front of steel which is not resistant to fire.
- Being Acoustics: Gypsum plaster can get about 70% of the sounds in the environment.
- Inexpensive Material: Gypsum powder can easily be found in the market and bought at low prices.
- Plasticity: Gypsum plaster can be shaped easily in any desired form so it is applied to build various kinds of sculptures. It is used to build decorative products and can be molded into different shapes.
- Whiteness: The white color of gypsum powder makes it an appealing material for covering the building walls.
- Abundance: Gypsum is the fifth mineral in the nature in terms of redundancy.
- Easy Application: Gypsum plaster can be directly used over brick, work without separate finishing.
- Preventing Shrinkage Cracks: Gypsum powder reaction makes less heat as compared to cement reaction with water; therefore there are fewer shrinkage cracks in gypsum plaster as compared with traditional cement plasters.
- No Curing Time: Unlike traditional cement plaster, gypsum plaster doesn’t need any curing, saving water and time during construction process. Cement plaster needs about 28 days of water curing while gypsum plaster is ready for painting within a few days.
- Lighter Construction: Gypsum plaster features a density less than 50% when it is compared with cement plaster. The use of gypsum plaster for wall plastering declines the structural load on the building.
- Saving Energy: Gypsum plaster has low thermal conductivity in comparison with sand cement plaster. It keeps the home cool in summers and warm in winters, therefore it prepares saving on energy bills.
Amoot Iranian Trading Company is a global leader in providing bulk commodity trading solutions to clients all over the world. We offer different products including minerals, construction materials, fertilizers, and agricultural products to international buyers.
Gypsum powder is produced largely in Iran and Amoot Company is well-recognized as a supplier of premium gypsum powder of Iran for all foreign purchasers, especially the importers of India, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Iraq, Pakistan and etc. Preparing high quality gypsum powder at affordable prices and a proficient team of experts have been helping Amoot Iranian Trading Company to keep its fame and reliability in the field of trading over the decades. All international importers are welcomed to call our experts for any information regarding the gypsum powder exports.